Thank you for your interest in utilizing Birmingham City Schools’ facilities. The Requestor is required to complete and submit online a Facility Use Application, provide a Certificate of Insurance (COI) and proof of 501(c)(3) status (when applicable).
Cases in which the use of public school facilities will not be allowed:
- For the purpose of advancing any doctrine or theory subversive to the constitution or laws of the United States or the State of Alabama.
- For the purpose of advocating social or political change by violence.
- For the purpose of commercial gain.
- For private parties.
All requests should be submitted thirty (30) business days prior to an event. The process can take up to two (2) weeks to complete. Therefore, BCS will not consider requests submitted less than thirty (14) business days prior to an event, which will not allow adequate time for processing and approval by the Operations Department.
The following procedures for the use and rental of school facilities is outlined below:
1. Requestor shall read all associated documents (i.e. Guidelines, Terms and Conditions, Facility Use Agreement, Insurance Requirements and Indemnification).
2. Requestor shall complete and submit an online application to request use of a facility.
3. After the application has been submitted, the Requestor will receive notification that the application has been received and is in the process of being reviewed.
4. The principal of the school will be notified and provided an estimate of costs and the application for approval/disapproval.
5. If the application is not approved, the Requestor will be notified via email. After, no further action will be taken by the Operations Department.
If the application is approved, the Requestor will be sent an email related to the application approval, all costs (i.e. rental fees, utilities, and personnel costs), insurance and 501(c)(3) status.
6. Payment, Certificate of Insurance and proof of 501(c)(3) status must be received at least ten (10) business days after application approval date. Failure to submit these items in the timeframe specified will result in the cancellation of any agreement and the event.
7. Final approval is only granted when payment, insurance and 501(c)(3) status documentation have been received by the Operations Department.
BCS will accept online payments via the following link:
BCS will also accept a money order, certified check, or cashier’s check payable to Birmingham City Schools, and should be hand delivered to:
Birmingham Board of Education
Department of Operations, 3rd Floor
2015 Park Place North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
For questions, please contact the Operations Department via email or by telephone at 205.231.4771.
<Procedural Guidelines><Terms And Conditions><Facility Use Agreement><Insurance Requirements><Indemnification>